Is responsible for the project management of and data collection from Roadtec's new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 system personally or in conjunction with the Controller and operations management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles AX ERP functional help requests from AX ERP Leads with timely solutions.
- Works with teams to participate in developing technology and reporting that will create efficiencies in key areas, such as the plant scheduling and operations.
- Assists in the planning, design, creation, development, testing, implementation, training and modification of computer programs related to various machine operating systems and software applications.
- Creates, reviews and follows through on system development to make sure all projects fit the future goals and minimize customization for ongoing maintenance of systems. Ensures all customizations are well documented and follow the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
change management processes as defined by corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Identifies ERP applications and integrated technology opportunities and solutions for resolving complex business problems.
- Plans, develops and executes system regression, integration and acceptance testing; creates ERP systems documentation (including as-is/to-be process documentation); develops and writes training documentation and trains users.
- Contacts and works with vendors to resolve software issues with delivered functionality.
- Coordinates pilot testing then creates procedures to address the implementation of new products and/or upgrades, user enhancement requests and defect tracking.
- Performs other related duties and projects based on ERP system needs or as assigned.
- Learns the business and processes to recommend and help implement further development of system.
- Performs on-site technical support.
- Assists in creating documentation and manuals for department if needed.
- Has ability to lead/contribute in team meetings and provide good guidance for system best practices.
- Passionate about productivity and a strong desire to get things done.
- Plans, studies and recommends business system process improvements (i.e., CRM, GL, MRP, HR, Document Management, Microsoft Dynamics AX, etc.).
- Provides reports to management including accuracy and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and other key reporting needs.
- Assists Production/Inventory Control in the determination and validation of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) processes.
- Identifies labor-reporting information requirements and recommends improvements or alternatives to the existing barcode system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum A.S./A.A. degree in computer science, business and/or related field or a minimum of five (5) years of experience with ERP implementation and troubleshooting required.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 software experience; experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment; supply chain experience; and dashboard software experience preferred.
Valid driver's license; willingness to work any shift at any of the Chattanooga locations; flexibility to work additional hours; willingness to be available 24/7 to support company network when necessary; drug screen, physical and background/motor vehicle
report (MVR) check.
Qualified applicants must apply online at
NOTE: Individuals will only be considered for employment if there is an open position, the individual meets the minimum qualifications of the position and applies for the position in the manner requested.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Roadtec, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. \n\nIf you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (423) 265-0600 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.\n\nFor more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.